Horological Art by Vacheron Constantin  1 Comments


 


I photographed these images awhile ago and had not had the chance till now to share them with readers here. I have great respect for Vacheron, its achievements today and its historical milestones. I have featured several times the wonderful skeleton movements as well as many of its tourbillons but of late, and especially last year I started to appreciate the very fine craftsmanship that goes into its dials.

Here were the three that was shown in 2012 from the Metiers-D-Art-Les-Univers-Infinis range. I was so enamoured by the "Fish Watch", that I decided to hang a poster of the blue dial on my study wall next to an original self portrait by an ageing Vietnamese artist, Van Tho - who seems to be looking at and appreciating the poster as well.



The guilloche and cloisonné dial are made by hand and only 20 of each model will be produced. More information of this series is found HERE. I recommend viewing the video of how these watches are produced. Do click on the images to view them in higher resolution.



 

 




Welcome to
Watching Horology
tm

 

  • This is a personal blog of Harry SK Tan on all things pertaining to Horology - from watch collecting, horolography, news and developments from all over the world particularly Singapore.
  • ©HarrySKTan2005

Horolography - noun, the art of photographing timepieces

Horolographer - Harry SK Tan

  • ___________________

Please leave a comment by clicking on the grey numbers next to the subject headings.

To contact me write to: "ht @ watchinghorology.com"  (leave out the spaces!)

 

___________________

Email Updates!
IF you like to receive my posts, news, notifications etc. on WatchingHorology direct by email - simply REGISTER HERE

- or get a blog feed here:

 Subscribe for Feed


ATOM 0.3

 
WatchingHorology.com on Facebook

___________________

Search WatchingHorology.com

 

___________________

Related Links

My Column at Luxury-Insider
My General Photography Blog

 

___________________

Read
WATCHING
HOROLOGY
in other languages

Chinese

French

German

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Russian

Spanish

 

___________________


 

 

Archives

 
 
 

___________________

Brand Websites